Exciting recipes: by Neha Mathur
Potato casserole is easy to make the main dish which can be served with crusty bread for a hearty meal. Made using Habanero Pasta sauce, this dish is a crowd-pleaser.
- Pre heat the oven to 180 Degrees C.
- Brush a 9 inch pan with butter.
- Arrange half of the potatoes in the pan.
- Spread half of the salsa over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle half of the cheddar and gouda cheese on top.
- Top with the remaining potatoes.
- Spread the remaining salsa on top.
- Spread sour cream over the salsa.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese not top.
- Cover the pan with aluminium foil.
- Bake for 60 minutes.
- Remove the foil and broil the casserole for 5-6 minutes until the cheese is nicely melted and slightly browned.
- Serve hot.
Potato – 750 g (Peeled and cut into 1/8 inch thick rounds), Habanero Pasta Sauce – 1 jar, Sharp Cheddar Cheese – 1 cup (Shredded), Gouda Cheese – 1 cup (Shredded), Sour Cream – 1/2 cup, Coriander – 1 tbsp (Chopped)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 70 Minutes
Serving count: 6 people
Sauce Used – Habanero Pasta Sauce