Chef: Bobbly Rath
Peri Peri prawn fritters in spicy spinach rice is a yummy main course dish. Use Habanero Peri-Peri sauce while preparing this recipe. It enhances the taste and gives it a spicy & tangy flavour.
- Wash and keep the rice to boil sufficient water
- When 80% of the rice is cooked then drain all the water from it.
- Add ghee and lemon juice to the rice and keep aside without covering it.
- In the meantime, wash the prawn and mix all the ingredients except oil for making Peri Peri prawn fritters.
- Rest it for 5 minutes and then heat a Kadai and deep fry the prawns till golden brown.
- Heat another pan and put oil, then add all the whole spices and sauté it for 20 seconds.
- Add chopped garlic and when they become golden in colour then add the chopped onion and sauté it till they become translucent.
- Then add chopped spinach and green peas in it. Mix it well and add all spices and salt and mix it properly.
- After 3-4 minutes when the green peas and spinach is half cooked then mix the rice and prawn fritters in it.
- Then add the Habanero Peri Peri sauce and cover the lid for 5 minutes.
- After that switch off the flame and now your Peri Peri prawn fritters in spicy spinach rice is ready.
- Serve hot or may serve with any raita.
For Peri Peri prawn fritters : 200gm prawn, 2tsp gram flour, 2tsp semolina, 1/2tsp turmeric powder, 1tsp chilli powder, 2tsp Habanero Peri Peri sauce, Salt as per taste
2tsp chopped coriander leaves, 1tsp vinegar, Oil for dip frying
For spicy spinach rice: 1.5 cup rice, 1tsp ghee, 1tsp lemon juice, 3tsp oil, 1bay leaves, 2cardamom, 2-3cloves, 1inch cinnamon, 5-6black pepper, 1star anise , 3 cup chopped spinach, 10-12 cloves chopped garlic, 2 medium sized onion chopped, 2 chopped green chilli, 1/2cup green peas, 1/2tsp turmeric powder, 1tsp chilli powder, Salt as per taste, 1/2tsp garam masala powder , 1/2tsp coriander powder, 2tsp Habanero Peri Peri sauce
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40-45 minutes
Serving counts: 4-5 servings